Working as a Technical Author (Technical Writer) for the last 20 years of my working life I was a member (later Fellow) of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC) the UK based professional body representing the trade of technical writing.
- Two articles on choosing colours in illustrations that readers with colour deficient eye sight can distinguish colours Using ColourWisely_CommunicatorSpring2005 UsingColourWisely_CommunicatorSummer2005
- An article on single sourcing from a practical point of view PracticalSingelSourcing_CommunicatorWinter2005
- A nostalgic look back at how instructions were written and how good they ware, HowThingsWere_CommunicatorAutumn2013
- A lighthearted look at how the underground map of Harry Beck used a diagram to explain the London Underground to its users HarryBecksUndergroundMap_CommunicatorSummer2011
- Explaining logical steps using a table ExplanationByPattern_CommunicatorSpring2011
- A practical look and at a documentation strategy DocumentationStrategy1_CommunicatorAutumn2010 DocumentaitonStrategy2-CommunicatorAutumn2012